- CyrusOne Selected by Data Canopy to Expand Their Data Center Capabilities in the United States: CyrusOne has announced an agreement with Data Canopy to expand their data center network to now include Cincinnati, Ohio; Dallas, Texas; Raleigh, North Carolina and Santa Clara, California upon its completion. Data Canopy is a hybrid infrastructure provider, reducing the cost and complexity of hybrid and multi-cloud environments by connecting, storing, and securing physical and virtual infrastructure. “Partnering with Data Canopy allows us to provide access to enhanced services in our data centers that adhere to evolving industry and customer needs,” said Scott Hanna, VP East Region of CyrusOne. “This agreement broadens our partnership to provide local businesses with greater connectivity as well as custom cloud and storage capabilities at a national scale.”
- Tripp Lite Unveils EdgeReady™ Micro Data Centers: Tripp Lite, a global manufacturer of power protection and connectivity solutions, has introduced a new line of preconfigured IT infrastructure solutions that make edge computing deployment quick and easy. EdgeReady™ micro data centers (MDCs) are the industry’s first and only MDCs that ship assembled and tested three business days after the receipt of an order. Organizations in every sector are implementing edge computing strategies to analyze the vast amounts of data generated by Internet of Things (IoT) devices. MDCs are essential to edge computing because they allow data to be processed at its source. There are 40 different EdgeReady MDC stock configurations available for immediate order and shipment in three business days. Stock configurations integrate a floor-standing or wall-mount rack enclosure, UPS system, network management card, downloadable power management software, environmental sensor and power distribution unit (PDU). Floor-standing models can ship as fully assembled and tested units, and all models are available as validated kits ready for onsite assembly.
- BAE Systems Officially Opens Offices in New Georgia Cyber Center: BAE Systems has officially opened offices in the new Georgia Cyber Center with a ribbon cutting ceremony this week, growing its presence in Augusta and furthering its commitment to innovation. The company values the area’s highly skilled workforce and proximity to key customers. Located on the Nathan Deal Campus for Innovation in downtown Augusta, the Cyber Center is home to both commercial cyber companies and a number of cybersecurity and technology training programs. BAE Systems delivers a broad range of services and solutions enabling militaries and governments to successfully carry out their respective missions.
- ColoGuard’s Brooklyn Data Center to Provide Managed Private Cloud Solutions to Eataly North America: ColoGuard Enterprise Solutions, one of New York’s leading colocation providers and operator of Brooklyn’s only data center, recently announced that it has signed an agreement with Eataly to provide Managed Private Cloud solutions. ColoGuard Private Cloud is a converged infrastructure platform, powered by Microsoft, VMWare and Veeam, providing virtualized and bare-metal environments that enhance the agility, scalability and flexibility of enterprises of all sizes.
- Totowa, NJ Data Center Secures $11 Million USD Loan from Life Insurance Company: JLL has arranged $11 million in financing for 50 Madison Road, a 125,871-square-foot data center in Totowa, New Jersey. JLL worked on behalf of the borrower, Russo Development, to place the 10-year, fixed-rate permanent loan with a life insurance company. Completed in 2009, 50 Madison Road is a single-tenant data center that is fully leased to CyrusOne. The property is located close to State Routes 202 and 46 as well as Interstate 80 in the Northern New Jersey community of Totowa. The JLL Capital Markets team representing the borrower was led by Senior Managing Director Thomas Didio.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.