Check out the latest in deals, development and disruptive technology in the data center industry for September 5, 2019
- Macquarie Affiliate May Take Majority Stake in Netrality Data Centers: An infrastructure-focused affiliate of Macquarie Group may acquire a majority stake in Netrality Data Centers, an owner and operator of midwestern data centers, according to people with knowledge of the matter. While negotiations are still private, a deal could be reached in the coming weeks (though sources are also cautioning that nothing is set in stone). Netrality has been ranked as one of the “Top 10 Colocation Data Center companies in North America” by Cloudscene. Netrality’s colocation data centers are located in Chicago, Houston, Kansas City, Philadelphia, and St. Louis.
- INAP Announces Multi-Year Expanded Bare Metal Environment for Multinational B2B Search Technology Company: Internap Corporation has announced an expansion of its bare metal environment. A customer as of 2018, the company continues to grow its footprint with INAP based on the service provider’s high-performance, scalable bare metal and network services, which will exclusively support the search and discovery firm’s premium service tier. The hosted solution will be expanded at INAP’s flagship data centers in the New York and Silicon Valley metros, and will be added to INAP’s Dallas and Montreal data centers already supporting the customer’s mission. INAP’s bare metal platform is a single-tenant hosting solution built on the latest enterprise-grade hardware. API enabled services provide for rapid configuration and customization, empowering customers to deploy their applications efficiently as they bring partners online. Each custom-configured or on-demand server also includes INAP Performance IP. INAP’s route-optimized IP service automatically directs customers’ outbound traffic along the lowest-latency path. Globally, INAP’s Performance IP executes approximately 500 million route optimizations every day.
- Bluebird Network Expands Fiber Network Through Acquisition by Macquarie Infrastructure Partners: Bluebird Network, a Midwest telecommunications company, is excited to announce the close of its acquisition by Macquarie Infrastructure Partners (MIP), one of the largest infrastructure funds in the world. Through this acquisition, Bluebird will increase its fiber footprint even further, providing greater access to existing customers and reaching out to new service areas. Bluebird remains committed to maintaining its personalized level of service while gaining capacity to increase the scope of its operations. The transaction provides Bluebird an immediate 2,500 fiber route mile expansion into Illinois, including the cities of Rockford, Peoria, Bloomington, Normal and the Quad Cities area. Future network builds are planned to connect more communities and achieve greater fiber densification. In addition, the company’s underground colocation facility, the Bluebird Underground Data Center, located in Springfield, Missouri, is undergoing a second major expansion to increase power and available space for customers.
- TransPerfect and Tencent Announce Cloud Partnership and GlobalLink Technology Agreement: TransPerfect, the world’s largest provider of language and technology solutions, for global business, today announced a strategic partnership with Tencent Cloud, a leading global cloud service provider and division of China-based technology firm Tencent. The partnership comprises two key elements: TransPerfect will use Tencent Cloud technology to provide global enterprises with improved speed, access, and network security throughout China, and Tencent Cloud will use TransPerfect’s GlobalLink suite to streamline translation and multilingual content management. Tencent’s deployment of TransPerfect’s GlobalLink® technology, an enterprise-scale application that automates many of the manual tasks associated with the translation and management of global content, simplifies the launch and ongoing maintenance of translated content. GlobalLink automatically routes new content for translation, review, and final placement in the localized versions of Tencent’s websites and collateral.
- Logicalis Acquires Cilnet to Expand offering to Iberia: Logicalis Group, an international IT solutions and managed services provider, has acquired Cilnet, a Cisco systems integrator and managed services business, with presence in Lisbon, Porto and the Algarve, Portugal. With the acquisition Logicalis increases its Cisco technical expertise for the Iberian region and complements the existing Spanish operation with data centre, collaboration, networking, infrastructure and managed services capabilities, expanding the offering to the region. Cilnet was founded in 2000 and has its headquarters in Lisbon. With over 90 employees, including 8 Cisco Certified Internetwork Experts (CCIEs), the company designs and integrates networking, data centre and contact centre solutions, complemented with security, managed services and application development skills. Its approximate revenues are €20 million.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.
The post CAPRE’s Data Center Round Up for September 5, 2019 appeared first on CAPRE MEDIA | CAPRE EVENTS.