Check out the latest in deals, development and disruptive technology in the data center industry for September 10, 2019:
- Aligned Energy Expands Its Dallas Data Center Campus: , a leading data center provider offering innovative, sustainable and adaptable colocation and build-to-scale solutions for cloud, enterprise and managed service providers, announces an 8 MW expansion of its -area data center, DFW-01. The expansion at the 19-acre campus, which at full build-out will support a 375,000 square-foot, 60 MW facility, is in response to rising customer demand for Aligned’s adaptive and intelligent infrastructure .
- 365 Data Centers Acquires Premier New Jersey Data Center and Secures Significant Growth Capital from Turning Rock Partners and Existing Ownership: 365 Data Centers, a leading provider of cloud, connectivity, and data center services for enterprise, carrier, and content customers, announces the addition of an 11th data center to its growing portfolio with the acquisition of NYI-NJ, a Bridgewater, New Jersey facility. The 25,000-square-foot data center offers an immediate 2.3MW of capacity 40 miles from New York City. The acquired business will be quickly integrated, with resilient connectivity, into 365’s existing platform of 10 data centers, 20 additional network PoPs, and cloud on-ramps. This New Jersey addition further enhances 365’s geographically diverse, interconnected data centers in Boca Raton, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Indianapolis, Nashville, Philadelphia, New York City, and Tampa. The transaction adds over 120 enterprise customers and increases the carrier network PoPs within 365’s network-centric ecosystem to 150.
- Apstra Expands Leadership Team to Accelerate Software-First Multi-Vendor Intent-Based Networking: Apstra has announced that Herb Schneider has joined the company as vice president of engineering and will head all engineering efforts for the company. In addition, Dave Butler will handle Apstra’s business development efforts globally, as well as spearhead Apstra’s investment into its growing partner ecosystem. Schneider and Butler are seasoned strategic leaders who each brings more than 30 years of experience to Apstra at a time when the company is empowering network operators, changing the competitive landscape, and simplifying how companies design, build and operate next generation data center networks.
- Sierra Wireless Appoints Lori O’Neill to Board of Directors: Sierra Wireless has announced the appointment of Lori O’Neill, FCPA, FCA, CPA, ICD.D, to the company’s Board of Directors. Ms. O’Neill is an experienced independent corporate director, financial executive and advisor to growth-oriented companies. Ms. O’Neill started her career with Deloitte & Touche LLP in 1988, and she served as Audit Partner from 1996 to 2012. She is a board member for Constellation Software, as well as a board member and chair of the Audit Committee for Pythian Group Inc., the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation and Hydro Ottawa. Ms. O’Neill also serves as a board member for Ashbury College and the University of Ottawa Heart Institute. She graduated from Carleton University with a Bachelor of Commerce Highest Honors.
- Telenor Selects Fortinet to Deliver One of the Nordic Region’s First Secure SD-WAN Services: Fortinet, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, has been chosen by Telenor Sweden, a part of Telenor Group – one of the world’s largest mobile operators, to deliver its new, next-generation SD-WAN network, which aims to help customers gain increased agility, flexibility and security to drive digital transformation adoption. With its unique carrier-grade Secure SD-WAN solution, Fortinet has enabled Telenor to become one of the very first operators in the Nordic market to launch a secure SD-WAN service.
The post CAPRE’s Data Center Round Up for September 10, 2019 appeared first on CAPRE MEDIA | CAPRE EVENTS.
The post CAPRE’s Data Center Round Up for September 10, 2019 appeared first on Website Hosting Review.