- Digital Realty Collaborates With Mapletree Investments And Mapletree Industrial Trust On $1.4 Billion North American Data Center Portfolio: Digital Realty has entered into definitive agreements with affiliates of Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd and Mapletree Industrial Trust for the sale of a portfolio of 10 Powered Base Building data centers and the establishment of a joint venture on three existing Turn-Key Flex hyper-scale data centers. The total consideration for both transactions will be approximately $1.4 Billion USD. Mapletree Investments and Mapletree Industrial Trust will acquire the Powered Base Building® portfolio from Digital Realty for a total purchase price of approximately $557 Million USD. These 10 properties are fully leased and are expected to generate 2020 cash net operating income of approximately $37 Million USD, representing a 6.6% cap rate. Digital Realty will provide transitional property management services for the Powered Base Building portfolio for one year from the closing date at a customary market rate. Separately, an entity jointly owned by Mapletree Investments and Mapletree Industrial Trust will purchase an 80% interest, and Digital Realty will retain a 20% interest, in a joint venture on three fully stabilized hyper-scale facilities located in Ashburn, Virginia. Mapletree Investments and Mapletree Industrial Trust will acquire its 80% stake for approximately $811 Million USD, valuing these three assets at approximately $1.0 Billion USD. These three facilities are fully leased and are expected to generate 2020 cash net operating income of approximately $61 million, representing a 6.0% cap rate.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Earns Key Government Milestone to Support Demand From Customers: To support growing customer demand, Oracle today announced Oracle Cloud Infrastructure has achieved FedRAMP Authorization (fedramp.gov), providing a secure cloud environment where U.S. Government customers can harness the power of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to unlock innovation, improve mission performance, and enhance service delivery. Oracle has been a long-standing strategic technology partner of the U.S. Government, including the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the first customer to use Oracle’s flagship database software 35 years ago. Today, more than 500 government organizations take advantage of Oracle’s industry-leading technologies and superior performance. Oracle’s cloud services are used by 8 of the top 10 federal agencies by budget, all 4 branches of the U.S. military, and 36 states.
- Switch Receives EPA Excellence in Green Power Leadership Award: Switch has received a 2019 Green Power Leadership Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The annual awards recognize America’s leading green power users for their commitment and contribution to helping advance the development of the nation’s voluntary green power market. EPA presented Switch with an Excellence in Green Power Use Award at the 2019 Renewable Energy Markets Conference in San Diego, CA on September 5, 2019. Switch was one of only seven organizations nationwide to receive an Excellence in Green Power Use Award. The program recognizes EPA Green Power Partners who distinguish themselves by demonstrating leadership in procuring green power from a utility green power product, a power purchase agreement, or a renewable energy certificate (REC) product. Switch is currently purchasing almost 587 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of green power annually, which is enough green power to meet 100 percent of the organization’s electricity use.
- Trifacta Raises $100 Million to Support Explosive Growth of Data Wrangling for AI and the Cloud: Trifacta, the global leader in data wrangling, announced it has secured $100 million in financing. This round of funding welcomes new investors, including Telstra Ventures, Energy Impact Partners, NTT DOCOMO Ventures, BMW iVentures and ABN AMRO Digital Impact Fund. It also includes additional investment from existing investors including Accel Partners, Cathay Innovation, Google, Greylock Partners, Ignition Partners, and Infosys. The new capital will fuel adoption of Trifacta’s industry leading data wrangling platform, which provides a modern, self-service approach to cleaning and preparing data. The investment will also accelerate the company’s continued expansion into new geographies, new verticals and product areas. Telstra and NTT DOCOMO will be instrumental in increasing customer success in Asia Pacific and will help penetrate the telecommunications vertical respectively. Other strategic investors such as BMW, Energy Impact Partners and ABN AMRO Digital Impact Fund will ensure broader success in the automotive, energy, utilities and banking.
- Arista CloudVision Delivers Cloud Principles for Enterprises: Arista Networks has announced CloudVision 2019, building upon Arista’s cognitive management plane. The CloudVision 2019 release brings new capabilities and integrations, helping customers with operational cost reduction, risk management, and agility in network operations. CloudVision is a modern software platform designed to bring cloud network operations to enterprise customers through a network-wide suite of automation, telemetry, and analytics. As part of Arista’s cognitive management plane framework, CloudVision is a consistent management plane across data center, campus wired and wireless, and public cloud use-cases, simplifying network operations by breaking down the traditional network management silos. As a centralized management plane, CloudVision can orchestrate operations of a single, coherent, and elastic pool of virtual and physical network resources. This capability normalizes the operating model for network troubleshooting, scale, elastic expansion and contraction across the enterprise, giving the network agility to adjust to the business needs.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.
The post CAPRE’s West Coast Wednesday: From Silicon Valley to the World, September 18, 2019 appeared first on CAPRE MEDIA | CAPRE EVENTS.
The post CAPRE’s West Coast Wednesday: From Silicon Valley to the World, September 18, 2019 appeared first on Website Hosting Review.