Check out the latest in deals, development and disruptive technology in the data center industry for October 25, 2019:
- Aligned Energy Secures Nearly $500 Million Facility to Support Expansion Plans: Aligned Energy has completed a $495 million secured credit facility with investors including , CPPIB Credit Investments Inc. (CPPIB Credit), a subsidiary of the , and a global investment management corporation. The new facility provides Aligned with flexible, lower-cost capital to support its growth objectives, including the development of an expanding data center portfolio and the delivery of adaptable and solutions at scale in Dallas, and . Aligned’s most recent expansions include the of its hyperscale data center campus in , bringing an initial 60 MW to the heart of Data Center Alley, as well as an 8 MW of its data center.
- Hypertec Surpasses Rapid Expansion targets for Montréal Huperscale Data Center Campus: Hypertec will surpass its rapid expansion goals for its Montreal YUL01 hyperscale colocation campus due to its superior design technology and strong customer demand. The two-facility campus once ramped up can supply up to 45MW of critical power load to support a diverse client base of cloud and communication service providers, media and entertainment vendors and studios, public sector agencies, fintech and financial services companies. Since its inception in 2016, the Montreal West Island campus has undergone eight major growth phases for a total of 13MW of critical power. Two more segments are planned for an additional combined 5 MW of critical load by the end of 2019, one of which is already pre-sold.
- Crosslake Fibre Completes Historic Fiber Route from Toronto to New York: The first new fiber-optic cable constructed between Toronto and New York in almost two decades is complete. Crosslake Fibre’s diverse network route connecting Toronto’s largest carrier hotels, Equinix TR2 at 45 Parliament Street and 151 Front Street West, to Equinix NY4 in Secaucus, New Jersey is now ready for commercial service. Offering lit and dark fiber services interconnecting Toronto, Secaucus, NJ and Buffalo, NY, the new route offers multiple extensions to various points-of-presence in both cities and shortens the distance between major business and financial hubs. The historic cable traverses Lake Ontario from Toronto to New York State utilizing a specialized 192 fiber strand submarine cable that is 36 miles in length and can provide up to several thousand terabits per second of capacity throughput.
- Iron Mountain Announces the Largest Rooftop Solar Installation of Any Data Center in the US: Iron Mountain Incorporated has closed on their largest on-site solar power-purchase agreement (PPA) contract to date. The 7.2 MW-rated solar installation at Iron Mountain’s data center in Edison, New Jersey (NJE-1) is forecast to generate more than 9 Million KWhrs per year, which is enough electricity to power more than 1,000 homes for a year. The solar installation will provide approximately 15 percent of the data center’s current energy load. Developed in collaboration with a subsidiary of NextEra Energy Resources, a leading clean energy company with approximately 21,000 MW of net generating capacity, and Black Bear Energy, which facilitated the project acting as the owner’s representative to Iron Mountain, the project is slated for completion at the end of 2019. It will be the largest rooftop solar installation of any data center in the USA.
- STACK INFRASTRUCTURE Continues Growth, Establishing a Presence in New Albany, Ohio: STACK INFRASTRUCTURE has announced its expansion to New Albany, OH, a new market for the Company. The acquired campus houses a purpose-built, Tier III data center and offers 17 acres for future data center development. The STACK campus is positioned within the Golden Triangle, a geographic area linking Northern Virginia, Northern New Jersey, and Chicago, where the majority of data transmission in the U.S. occurs, resulting in robust fiber optic and electrical infrastructure. New Albany and the surrounding area represent a premier emerging market for cloud and enterprise data centers based on their competitive power costs, advantageous tax climate, skilled labor pool, and low risk of natural disasters. The area is home to 15 Fortune 1000 headquarters and significant operations of more than 30 additional Fortune 1000 companies. By offering a presence in this strategic region, STACK reinforces its dedication to providing flexibility and scale to its clients in key markets.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.