Schneider Electric has announced the continued roll out of EcoStruxure IT Expert, its cloud-based data center infrastructure management solution, with its release in North America. With IT Expert, Schneider Electric would bring secured, vendor agnostic, wherever-you-go monitoring and visibility of all IoT-enabled physical infrastructure assets.
As part of Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture, IT Expert operates with all IoT-enabled physical infrastructure assets like secure power and cooling – including the new, cloud-enabled Smart-UPS with APC SmartConnect.
IT Expert would address the data center industry’s need to simplify how data centers, distributed IT, and local edge environments are managed. Providing proactive recommendations and consolidated performance and alarming data, IT Expert can significantly reduce alarm noise and improve overall site resiliency.
“EcoStruxure IT Expert harnesses the data generated from any environment – from distributed IT to the data center – and uses it to deliver intelligent benchmarking and increased visibility to all of your connected devices,” said Kim Povlsen, Vice President and General Manager of Digital Services and Data Center Software, Schneider Electric. “In our increasingly cloud-based world, IT Expert delivers a remote monitoring service empowered with real-time data and proactive recommendations to repair and improve system availability.”
Key benefits of EcoStruxure IT and its applications would include:
- Global visibility across the hybrid ecosystem regardless of location
- Secured updates of mass configuration and firmware in a more simple and faster process
- Vendor-neutral data capture of device information, smart alarms, and monitoring of all connected devices through an open system
- Subscription model ensuring the ease of deployment and updating for any size IT or data center environment
- 24/7 remote monitoring options through Schneider Electric partners with EcoStruxure IT for Partners or through Schneider Electric Service Bureau with EcoStruxure Asset Advisor. The Service Bureau or partner helps troubleshoot and dispatch service teams, “reducing meantime to repair and improving system availability and performance.”
To date, 1,400 customers are connected on the Schneider Electric EcoStruxure IT platform, managing 140,000 assets. Each day, 300 million data points are captured, helping to modernize how customer data centers are being managed, operated, and maintained.
Read more at Schneider Electric Introduces Cloud-Based Data Center Management in North America on Website Hosting Review.