Cloud hosting provider Rackspace has announced the launch of Rackspace Colocation, a new service that allows customers to deploy their own hardware in Rackspace data centers across the globe. With this new offering, customers can leverage Rackspace’s global data center footprint with locations in Chicago, Dallas, Kansas City, Northern New Jersey, Northern Virginia, San Jose, Hong Kong, London, Moscow, and Sydney.
The colocation market will grow at a 12 percent compound annual growth rate through 2020, according to 451 Research. Enterprises are using colocation to kick off their cloud journey by getting out of their self-managed data center to lower their TCO as they seek to optimize their IT portfolio across public and private clouds. Beyond the financial implications, businesses would also be adopting colocation solutions to achieve geographic diversity, forge strategic low latency connections with cloud services providers, augment disaster recovery strategies and to ensure their workloads are running in facilities that meet specific security and compliance mandates.
Rackspace Colocation is a carrier-neutral offering with an average of 8 carriers per colocation data center. The new Rackspace Colocation solution is now in general availability for customers globally.
“Enterprises need a colocation provider that can also be a trusted cloud adviser as they embark on their cloud journey,” said Henry Tran, general manager of managed hosting at Rackspace. “Rackspace is the only colocation provider that can offer customers a world-class colocation solution today, while also serving as the sole partner they will need in the long-term to migrate to and manage their public cloud, private cloud, managed hosting or bare metal platforms.”
Rackspace Colocation delivered worldwide would provide enterprises with several key features including:
- “Improved” Capacity Planning – Simplified pricing would allow customers to reserve the power their devices require by the kilowatt.
- “Seamless” Cross Connects – Customers would be able to seamlessly scale into the public cloud, private cloud, managed hosting, third-party data center or Rackspace hosted environment with flexible connectivity solutions.
- “Smart Hands” Service Guarantee – Rackspace delivers a hands-on hardware service, which guarantees a response to a customer’s request within an hour and to complete the work within 24 hours.
- “Enhanced” Security and Reliability – Rackspace offers a portfolio of secured data centers, which are all concurrently maintainable with at least N+1 redundancy across critical electrical and mechanical systems. These facilities also feature multiple security protocols.
- “Robust” Public Cloud Ecosystem – Rackspace not only establishes direct connections between colocation customers and AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Alibaba clouds via RackConnect, it can also facilitate the migration of workloads to those platforms and help manage them.
Read more at Rackspace Unveils Colocation Services Delivered From Its Data Centers Across the Globe on Website Hosting Review.