Check out the latest in deals, development and disruptive technology in the data center industry for December 5, 2019:
- Datto Selects Aligned Energy for Ongoing Expansion: , a leading data center provider offering innovative, sustainable and adaptable colocation and build-to-scale solutions for cloud, enterprise, and managed service providers, announces today that , the leading global provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers (MSPs), has selected Aligned’s for its ongoing expansion. Datto offers business continuity and disaster recovery, networking, business management, and file backup and sync solutions that empower small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to compete in vertical markets across the globe. Aligned’s West Jordan data center is strategically located to provide robust, high-speed connectivity infrastructure and access to a wide range of carriers and telecommunications providers. Datto is now able to expand its service capabilities and footprint as well as add additional redundancy.
- Innio Report finds Data Center Energy Demand Has Driven New Power Strategies: Data Center Frontier has published a white paper by Innio which explores how growing data center electricity demand has paved the way for a new generation of data center solutions and data center power strategies. “Data center energy usage has been increasing dramatically, and the trend isn’t stopping. Delivering lower emissions and the option of longer run times, fast-start natural gas generators and other data center solutions can provide electricity when data center operators need it,” writes Data Center Frontier in their piece covering the report. “Along with the surge in data center electricity demand has come a push for more renewable energy. As intermittent renewable electricity generation increases, fast-start resources can balance and accommodate the instability of the electric grid. In addition, fast-start, natural gas generators give data center operators the opportunity to monetize assets while providing benefits to the electric grid. Natural gas generators can offer offer fast-start capability with full load, along with the additional benefits that come with the ability to run on a variety of operating modes.”
- Check Point Announces Fully-integrated Cloud Security for Kubernetes and Serverless Cloud Services: Check Point Software Technologies has extended the capabilities of its CloudGuard cloud security platform to support Kubernetes computing services, including Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service and Amazon Elastic Container Service. CloudGuard also delivers additional security capabilities for Amazon Web Services (AWS) Serverless computing solutions, including AWS Lambda and related services like AWS Fargate, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon Kinesis. In a 2019 survey, 87% of respondents were running container technologies, up from 55% in 2017. Serverless is the fastest-growing extended cloud service, with 50% growth over 2018. However, rapid adoption of these technologies can create challenges for organizations in getting visibility of, and enforcing consistent security and compliance across their cloud deployments. This increases the risk of misconfigurations and security holes which expose organizations to the risk of data breaches and cyber-attacks. With CloudGuard, customers can ensure that their Kubernetes configurations continuously comply with established container security baselines such as CIS Kubernetes Benchmarks or NIST 800-190.
- gA Certified as Oracle Cloud Excellence Implementer: gA, a global leader in the digital business consulting services for 27 years, followed their successful Oracle Cloud implementations and investments in trainings and certifications by being awarded Oracle Cloud Excellence Implementer. gA actively helps clients take advantage of the Cloud Computing model; both improving business continuity, performance, availability and reducing costs with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (IaaS), as well as innovating their value chain and processes with Oracle Cloud Software as a Service Solutions (Oracle Cloud Applications, as Oracle ERP Cloud, Oracle SCM Cloud), PaaS technologies and IaaS platform. Working in collaboration with Oracle, a joint leading global Life Sciences company was selected as a success study case and presented during Oracle Open World. Other successful gA implementations with Oracle Cloud solutions were also selected for a Customer Satisfaction Survey, achieving high levels. Additionally, as part of the CEI certification process, gA presented a list of consultants certified as Oracle Cloud Application Implementers.
- MongoDB Atlas Adds Support For AWS CloudFormation, EventBridge, PrivateLink And More: MongoDB has announced a number of new features for its global cloud database, MongoDB Atlas, that make it seamless for users to deploy and run the service on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Across all industries, businesses are increasingly opting to run their database in the cloud as a managed service in order to take advantage of the inherent benefits of cloud computing and keep their developer teams focused on driving value, not administrative database tasks. The addition of new security features to Atlas and new integrations with popular AWS tools such as AWS CloudFormation and Amazon EventBridge will make Atlas even easier to use for customers.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.