The Open Compute Project Foundation (OCP) has decided to put a bit more focus on Europe when it comes to spreading the OCP message and promoting open source principles for use in hardware and data center infrastructure. The first regional summit of the Open Compute Project Foundation will take place October 1 – 2, 2018 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, at the RAI Exhibition & Conference Center.
Founded in 2011 by Facebook, Intel, and Rackspace, the Open Compute Foundation’s goal is to apply open source principles to hardware intended for use in data centers and telecommunication facilities. OCP members can publish their own hardware designs via Open Compute. Other participants are allowed to use these designs for building and marketing their own products, while they’re also allowed to develop these designs further. This way, the Open Compute Foundation plans to achieve faster innovation in the field of OCP-based IT hardware development.
In addition to engineering workshops, meetups and plugfests, OCP hosts an Annual Summit each year, in March, in San Jose, California. The 2018 event drew more than 3,300 attendees, its largest event in the organization’s history. The annual regional Summit brings together key decision makers, customers, executives, channel partners, engineers, developers, and suppliers.
Based on strong international demand for its innovations and solutions, the Open Compute Project Foundation will now hold this event in various destinations throughout the world, the first of which will be held in Amsterdam.
Key ingredients of the OCP event in Amsterdam in October 2018 will include:
- Keynote presentations will focus on key issues specific to the European region
- Customers from several European countries will share their best practices and more
- A number of workshops will support channel partners who would like to get involved in the marketing of OCP based hardware
- Engineering Workshops will feature in-depth discoveries from OCP project groups
- The Expo Hall will be packed with the latest OCP hardware and software offerings
More information can be found here.
Read more at Open Compute Project #OCP Announces 1st Regional Summit in Amsterdam, The Netherlands on Website Hosting Review.