Check out the latest in deals, new development and innovative strategies in hyperscale, colocation, 5G, cloud migration, cloud services, edge compute, Hybrid IT, power, cooling and energy efficiency for March 10, 2020:
- Facebook to Invest in new Fiber Route for Western NC: MCNC, the non-profit operator of the North Carolina Research and Education Network, has announced a collaboration with Facebook to make high-speed broadband available to nearly 30 Community Anchor Institutions (CAIs) in the western North Carolina counties of Rutherford, Burke, Caldwell, Wilkes, and Surry. These North Carolina communities will access high-speed broadband at the CAIs throughout the five counties. These institutions include education, health care and non-profit facilities such as community colleges, charter schools, treatment facilities and government offices where residents will be able to access high-speed connectivity.
- Amdocs and Google Cloud Announce Strategic Partnership to Accelerate Communication Providers’ Journeys to the Cloud: Amdocs and Google Cloud today announced a strategic partnership to deliver Amdocs’ leading OSS and BSS systems on Google Cloud and to create solutions and services to help communications companies modernize, automate and digitize with the cloud. As part of the Amdocs and Google Cloud joint go-to-market initiative announced today, Amdocs is also proud to announce that Altice USA has gone live with Amdocs data and intelligence systems on Google Cloud. Altice USA is an early mover in driving better intelligence into their core operations for enhanced customer insights and experiences. Under this new partnership, Amdocs and Google Cloud will bring Amdocs solutions to Google Cloud; develop new enterprise-focused 5G edge computing solutions; help CSPs leverage data and analytics to improve services; and partner on Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) services.
- Apps Associates Acquires New Hampshire-Based Strafford Technology: Apps Associates, an expert Oracle cloud migration and managed services provider, today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire New Hampshire-based Strafford Technology (Strafford), a leading provider of technology consulting services for senior financial teams using Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions. Strafford addresses a wide range of dynamic performance management challenges, enabling organizations to optimize planning, budgeting, tax and forecasting processes. With the acquisition, Apps Associates addresses increased demand for support migrating and managing Oracle EPM and maximizing cloud computing ROI across the enterprise. The acquisition strengthens Apps Associates’ position as one of the largest Oracle-focused cloud migration and managed services companies in the U.S.
- CyberLink Announces Partnership with IEI Integration Corp: CyberLink Corp, a pioneer in AI and facial recognition technologies, announced a strategic partnership with IEI Integration Corp., enabling the FaceMe AI facial recognition engine on IEI’s industrial computers. The joint solution brings CyberLink’s industry leading facial recognition technology to more smart AIoT devices across multiple industries and scenarios, such as retail and security. The partnership allows FaceMe® to seamlessly integrate with IEI’s FLEX-BX200 AI modular box PC, supporting AI acceleration on the Mustang-V100-MX8 VPU (video processing unit), and providing rapid, deep neural network computing. Compared to a pure CPU solution, the acceleration achieved from the VPU integration with FaceMe provides 17.4x the performance in facial recognition with significantly reduced power consumption.
- Nokia enters 5G partnership with Marvell Technology: Nokia and Marvell are working together to develop leading 5G multi-RAT (Radio Access Technology) silicon innovations, including multiple generations of custom silicon and infrastructure processors to further expand the range of Nokia ReefShark chipsets available for 5G solutions. The two companies are developing a new generation of custom system-on-chip (SoC) and infrastructure processors combining Nokia’s differentiated wireless technology with Marvell’s industry-leading multi-core Arm processor platforms. These new chipsets are designed to be deployed in several building blocks of the Nokia AirScale radio access solution, as part of Nokia’s 5G “Powered by ReefShark” portfolio. By deploying ReefShark, these solutions will benefit from a reduction in size and power consumption, while also seeing a boost to capacity and overall performance.