- HCL Technologies Launches Dedicated Google Cloud Business Unit to Accelerate Enterprise Cloud Adoption: HCL Technologies and Google Cloud have launched HCL’s Google Cloud Business Unit to accelerate enterprise cloud adoption worldwide. This dedicated business group within HCL will be supported by engineering, solutions, and business teams from Google Cloud. HCL currently has more than 1,300 professionals trained on Google Cloud and plans to ramp this capacity to more than 5,000 specialists in the near future, providing expertise to enterprise customers in areas like containerization, hybrid and multi-cloud with Anthos, compute, data and analytics, AI and ML, collaboration with G Suite, and more. Together, the companies’ joint investments will focus on helping customers advance their digital transformations through solutions covering SAP workload and application migration to GCP; Hybrid and multi-cloud deployments with Google Cloud’s Anthos; Adoption of leading Google Cloud data, AI, and ML solutions in areas like e-commerce, supply chain, and marketing; application and data center modernization; workplace transformation and collaboration with G Suite; as well as DevSecOps and service orchestration.
- Zayo’s Sandi Mays Honored as CIO of the Year in 2019 CTA APEX Awards: Zayo Group Holdings, Co-Founder, Chief Customer Experience and Information Officer Sandi Mays was presented with the Colorado Technology Association (CTA) APEX Award for CIO of the Year. The APEX Awards recognize Colorado’s technology excellence, highlighting remarkable leaders and innovators. Since 2001, CTA has hosted this prestigious event to bring together the community and celebrate the exceptional people, companies and accomplishments of the year. The APEX outstanding Chief Information Officer has demonstrated considerable ingenuity in leading an IT team and implementing technology projects that demonstrably improve the effectiveness of their organization. Mays, who was a member of Zayo’s founding team in 2007, leads customer success, business intelligence, digital innovation, technology solutions, IT architecture, IT operations, application development and support. She also oversees Tranzact, the company’s innovative ecommerce and sales enablement platform that enables customers to order and manage services in real time.
- Siemens Gamesa will supply 62 turbines with a 4.1 MW rating for Google’s 254 MW Stavro Wind Farm: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has secured an order to supply the Stavro project, its largest ever onshore wind order in Sweden. The 62 turbines with a 4.1 MW rating built by SGRE will power Google’s data center with clean energy, as well as Holmen’s local paper and board business. Stavro is located in the northern part of Sweden, northwest of Umeå, and divided into two sub-sites: Blodrotberget, with 40 turbines, and Blackfjället, with 22 turbines, for a total installed capacity of 254 MW. Commissioning of the wind farm is scheduled for the end of 2021 and the project will be covered by a 30-year service agreement also delivered by SGRE. The grid connection, comprised of engineering, civil works, installation and commissioning of the two 150/33 kV sub-sites, will be provided by Siemens Gas and Power. The project is realized by German Asset Manager Prime Capital AG on behalf of an international consortium comprising Korean institutional investors, German Pension Fund Nordrheinische Ärzteversorgung and Siemens Financial Services, whose financial expertise and proven wind investment experience was key to successfully making Stavro a reality.
- Telecom Italia Signs Strategic Partnership with Google Cloud: Telecom Italia has broadcast the signing of a term sheet setting out the terms for a strategic partnership with Google Cloud. The partnership will enable TIM to become a key Italian player in the cloud and edge computing market, expanding its portfolio of innovative products and services offered on the Italian market through a unique offer of Public, Private and Hybrid cloud, and enabling the rapid growth of its Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) service revenues. The companies will work together on go-to-market initiatives to help accelerate the adoption of digital transformation technology at Italian businesses of all sizes. In order to support its own business growth, TIM will heavily invest in its innovation and talent. This investment includes building wholly owned, new state-of-the-art data centers, up to Tier IV level, and hiring or training more than 800 cloud engineers in the next few years.
- Schneider Electric, Scale Computing Release Edge Computing Platform for Retailers: Schneider Electric and Scale Computing have jointly developed an Edge computing platform for retailers. The system essentially deploys Scale Computing’s HC3 Edge virtualization platform inside Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure Micro Data Centers. Scale Computing’s technology provides a single platform for retailers to run applications across point of sale, building management, security applications, inventory management, and asset management. Meanwhile, the EcoStruxure Micro Data Centers provide certified interoperability, which is meant to reduce configuration and deployment times. The companies said the system will help retailers increase the speed of their technology deployments, boost security, enhance standardization and lower costs. The infrastructure is being pitched to retailers with isolated store locations. “Scale Computing HC3 Edge for retail was developed to meet the variety of challenges retailers face when updating their edge and remote infrastructures,” said Jeff Ready, CEO of Scale Computing. “With the Scale Computing HC3 Edge deployed within Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure Micro Data Centers, retailers receive best-in-class capabilities to help them modernize their stores and enhance the customer experience.”
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.
The post CAPRE’s Data Center Round Up for November 12, 2019 appeared first on CAPRE MEDIA | CAPRE EVENTS.
The post CAPRE’s Data Center Round Up for November 12, 2019 appeared first on Website Hosting Review.