Atos, a global provider of ‘digital transformation’ solutions with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion, has launched its BullSequana Edge solution – a ‘high-performing’ edge computing server to manage Internet of Things (IoT) data at the edge.
The embedded BullSequana Edge server would securely manage and process IoT data, close to the source where it is generated, so that it is treated immediately. It analyzes and runs Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications in real-time for instant insight, so that actions and decisions can be made swiftly to optimize operations.
Atos’ BullSequana Edge server helps businesses overcome challenges such as limited bandwidth, intermittent network connectivity, securing data at the edge, and network costs.
“The exponential growth of IoT devices and how to best manage the consequent explosion of data is a challenge faced by many businesses today,” said Pierre Barnabé, Senior Executive Vice-President, Head of Big Data & CyberSecurity Division at Atos.
“To manage and harness this mass of data to our advantage, in a post-cloud era, we need to embrace edge computing. Atos brings together its expertise and experience as a leader in cloud orchestration, high-performance computing, cybersecurity and AI, to develop a unique edge computing product – the BullSequana Edge – which empowers businesses to take full advantage of the data deluge.”
Key benefits of Atos’ BullSequana Edge server would include:
- Optimum security and privacy – both the data and the physical server are protected by an advanced chain of security measures
- Immediate responsiveness – data analysis in real-time
- Autonomy – reduced dependence on cloud and data center availability and connectivity, ensures that apps are not disrupted in case of limited or intermittent network connectivity. The BullSequana Edge can communicate via radio, GSM or Wi-Fi
- Interactivity – both multi-source and multi-format data can be analyzed in real-time
- Cost–efficiency – it would provide reduced data center infrastructure and networking costs.
The BullSequana Edge already supports 3 main categories of use cases:
- AI: Atos Edge Computer Vision – this would provide advanced extraction and analysis of ‘features’ (people, faces, emotions, behaviors) so that automatic actions are able to be carried out, based on this analysis. It enables a large set of intelligent cameras, for example in video surveillance, to collaborate holistically in real-time, enabling operations to be tracked without interruption
- Big Data: Atos Edge Data Analytics – this would enable organizations to improve their business models with predictive and prescriptive solutions. It hinges upon edge data lake capabilities to make data trustworthy and useable
- Container: Atos Edge Data Container (EDC) – this all-in-one container solution is ready to run at the edge and serves as a decentralized IT system (from one individual rack up to a complete containerized data center). It can run autonomously in non-data center environments with no need for local on-site operation.
Availability BullSequana Edge
The BullSequana Edge is available today and can be purchased as a standalone infrastructure or together with a software platform, such as Atos Edge Computer Vision, Edge Data Analytics, or in a container system such as Atos Edge Data Container. The BullSequana Edge is Microsoft Azure Certified for IoT.
Read more at Atos Unveils ‘High-Performing’ Edge Computing Server for IoT on Website Hosting Review.