ICANN has published the latest official data from Verisign (NASDAQ: VRSN) about the .com namespace. This registrar-by-registrar report covers November 2019.
Google’s domain name registrar hit the 3 million .com domain milestone. It continues to add over 100,000 domains a month with few outbound transfers, so this number will continue to climb.
As has been the case in recent months, there was a lot of shakeup on the monthly leaderboard. I believe this is due to promotions that Verisign offers that are, in turn, sometimes passed on to registrar consumers.
Website builder Wix managed to make the top 10 list this month. Not because its registrations increased, but because the bar to be in the top 10 dropped. Dynadot and Web.com, which had a surge in registrations the prior month, reverted and Wix took their spot.
When the report for March 2020 comes out, expect a surge at Dynadot. It’s offering $5.99 domains this month with a coupon.
Here’s how registrars did in terms of new .com registrations:
1. GoDaddy.com* (NYSE: GDDY) 946,270 (867,828 in October)
2. Tucows** (NASDAQ:TCX) 182,250 (189,005)
3. Alibaba (HiChina) 163,419 (121,623)
4. Namecheap Inc. 163,141 (170,249)
5. Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOGL) 136,518 (146,747)
6. Endurance+ (NASDAQ: EIGI) 127,219 (130,428)
7. GMO 86,969
8. Xin Net 72,991 (128,049)
9. NameSilo 69,171 (76,139)
10. Wix (NASDAQ: WIX) 62,712
Here’s the leaderboard of the top registrars in terms of total .com registrations as of the end of November 2019.
1. GoDaddy* 51,629,563 (51,365,334 in October)
2. Tucows** 12,910,915 (12,969,022)
3. Web.com++ 7,096,388 (7,101,250)
4. Endurance+ 6,817,113 (6,863,214)
5. Alibaba 6,013,715 (6,032,936)
6. United Internet^ 5,526,648 (5,547,495)
7. Namecheap 5,182,418 (5,125,801)
8. Xin Net Technology Corporation 4,433,678 (4,508,653)
9. Google 3,032,888 (2,939,902)
10. GMO 2,253,907 (2,209,814)
Many domain companies have multiple accreditations and I’ve tried to capture the largest ones. See the notes below.
* Includes GoDaddy, Wild West Domains and 123 Reg
** Includes Tucows, Enom, Ascio and EPAG
+ Includes PDR, Domain.com, FastDomain and Bigrock. There are other Endurance registrars, but these are the biggest.
++ Includes Network Solutions, Register.com, and Crazy Domains
^ Includes 1&1, PSI, Cronon, United-Domains, Arsys and world4you
Post link: WebsiteHostingReview.org/2020/03/11/com-rankings-google/”>.Com rankings: Google tops 3 million .com domains
© WebsiteHostingReview.org 2020. This is copyrighted content. Website Hosting Review full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact editor (at) WebsiteHostingReview.org. Latest domain news at WHR.NEWS: Website Hosting Review.