GoDaddy is looking for a new person to lead its domain name business.
The President, Domain Registrar & Investor Business, will oversee GoDaddy’s largest business segment. GoDaddy confirmed to me that Kevin Doerr, who was SVP of Domains for the company, has left and this position is his replacement.
The role oversees all of the company’s domain name business, including the aftermarket. Responsibilities include:
- Define and execute strategy to grow our Domains Registrar and Investor business and strengthen GoDaddy’s leadership position in Domains and Naming
- Manage P&L to deliver short term results AND long term growth trajectory
- Ensure security, performance, availability and quality for GoDaddy’s DNS infrastructure, a core component of the global internet infrastructure
- Deliver continuous cadence of customer-centric product innovation
- Lead a distributed team consisting of engineering, product management and sales
- Build GoDaddy’s reputation and engagement in key Domain’s policy forums and act as GoDaddy’s primary public face to Domain Name Industry
- Identify attractive opportunities for M&A
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to create solutions that globally scale and meet our rapidly growing business needs
Prior experience in domain names is not required, and GoDaddy has historically hired people for its senior roles that don’t come from the domain name business. However, there are several people in the domain industry that are probably qualified for this role. This might also be an opportunity to hire from within.
The position will be located in Seattle, Sunnyvale or Phoenix/Scottsdale.
© WebsiteHostingReview.org 2019. This is copyrighted content. Website Hosting Review full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact editor (at) WebsiteHostingReview.org. Latest domain news at WHR.NEWS: Website Hosting Review.