- Dell Technologies Unveils PowerEdge Server Portfolio and PowerOne Autonomous Infrastructure: Dell Technologies has unveiled Dell Technologies On Demand, a set of consumption-based and as-a-service offerings on the industry’s broadest infrastructure portfolio that deliver IT with the agility of cloud and the control, performance and predictability of on-premises infrastructure. As part of this new offering, the company is expanding its extensive flexible consumption portfolio to support Dell EMC PowerEdge servers and the new Dell EMC PowerOne autonomous infrastructure system. Dell Technologies On Demand offers flexible payment options for an extensive range of technologies across the full infrastructure stack, including compute, storage, networking and virtualization. Software-defined and hybrid cloud solutions are available via Dell Technologies Cloud and VMware, along with modern data protection, PC and digital workspaces.
- Third Amazon Data-Center Building Under Construction in Hilliard: This Week’s Community News is reporting that construction is underway at Google’s third data center building in Hillard, OH. ” The first 183,000-square-foot data-center facility was completed in 2016. The second building, which previously was documented as 153,000 square feet, was constructed in 2017 south of the first data center,” writes the local facility. “The third building is south of both facilities. Amazon Web Services has received a building permit and started construction, said David Ball, director of communications for Hilliard.”
- Scale Computing Integrates Retail Solution with Schneider Electric: Schneider Electric has struck a deal with Scale Computing to deliver the Scale Computing HC3 Edge for retail solution in Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure Micro Data Centers. The partnership will allow Scale Computing’s virtualization platform to help retailers who use EcoStruxure products to optimize all in-store functions and enhance the experience for their own customers. The combined HC3 Edge for retail solution and the EcoStruxure Micro Data Centers are shipped fully integrated. The companies say that isolated retail locations will be transformed into self-managing micro data centers to better support critical retail business applications. Furthermore, it provides a complete IT infrastructure within a secure, standalone enclosure for improving business’ uptime and resiliency while providing protection of critical retail business applications.
- Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Target of Schneider Electric and NetApp Collaboration: Schneider Electric has announced a collaboration with NetApp to deliver the pre-validated Optimized Edge for NetApp HCI solution, which is built on NetApp’s hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) platform and designed for enterprise, remote/branch offices, and small- to medium-sized business (SMB) spaces. Optimized Edge for NetApp HCI combines edge computing infrastructure with an open and scalable on-premise hybrid cloud infrastructure to revolutionize the private cloud into a deployable region of customers’ multi-cloud. The solution is a compatible physical infrastructure solution that is integrated, pre-engineered, and pre-validated to help organizations of all sizes reduce deployment time, accelerate time to market, and minimize on-site and remote management.
- Turkcell Opens Solar-Powered Data Center in Ankara: Turkcell today reached the largest area under data centers in Turkey with a total of 33,500 square meters whitespace with its Ankara-based data center’s launch. The center will offer cloud services to public institutions and organizations through Turkcell’s subsidiary, Turkcell Digital Business Solutions. The facility’s data center and cloud services will also help international firms store data in Turkey. With the Ankara-based data center’s launch, Turkcell havs reached the largest area under data centers in Turkey with a total of 33,500 square meters whitespace. Further strengthening Turkcell’s leadership position in data center and cloud services, the latest facility that offers 12,000 square meters whitespace will play a key role in digital transformation in Turkey.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.
The post CAPRE’s Data Center Round Up for November 14, 2019 appeared first on CAPRE MEDIA | CAPRE EVENTS.